IT Software Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI
- Join our Client' s Applications Team as a software engineer.
- The software engineer will report directly to the application development manager and will be responsible for participation in development efforts for client' s proprietary student information system and other custom software components.
- Your Role Assists in completing projects of lower complexity
- Assists in maintaining and improving client' s existing software suite with a focus on support
- Works with manager and team to ensure execution of tasks and deliverables
- Solution-oriented and manages work independently
- Able to complete well-defined work with a minimal amount of oversight and guidance
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience working on long-running projects with medium to large project teams preferred Agile-based software development team experience using SCRUM or similar methodologies
- Experience working with Enterprise Systems preferred Familiarity with Service Based Architectures & Related Technologies (WebAPI, WCF, oData, Claims Authorization, etc.)
- Familiarity with Object Relational Mapping Tools (Entity Framework, nHibernate, etc.)
- Experience developing web services for enterprise applications (SOAP, REST, XML & JSON)
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, and/or Git Excellent multitasking and prioritization abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
To learn more about this position, contact our office at 877-782-3334.