Sylvania, OH 43560 US
Full time or Part time (2 – 3 days per week)
Salary – negotiable
Full benefit package
28 bed In-patient Geriatric hospital
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Contract 1099 or employed
Salary/compensation it all depends on the providers experience, if they are a full- time or part-time employee, Independent contractor & we bill and collect for their services or they bill and collect their own.
If the provider is an employee, we offer Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term & Short-term disability, Life, PTO, CEs days and reimbursement for CEs.
This contract position works under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and provides psychopharmacology services to patients, consultation services to colleagues, clinical staff, and other appropriate clinical services in the treatment of clientele.
This contractor is a physician with psychiatric medicine experience. Incumbents serve as the psychiatrist for at least one psychiatric clinical program and/or location and may serve as the m. Assignments may rotate depending on hospital requirements, patient needs, and staffing considerations. Incumbents are responsible for the medical and psychiatric management of one or more hospitals within the Assurance Health System, provide medical and technical advice to staff, and the local medical community.
The psychiatrist shall perform all services hereunder in compliance with all relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and standards governing the practice of medicine. Physician shan perform all duties hereunder in conformance with all requirements of Assurance Health policies and procedures, Assurance Health's Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations, and Assurance Health's Corporate Compliance Program
Serve as director of clinical programs engaged in psychiatric care;
- Provide supervision and administrative direction to subordinate medical and support staff; Develop protocols and standardized procedures;
- Conduct medical and physical examinations or psychiatric evaluations; Make diagnosis and prescribe medical and rehabilitative treatment;
- Supervise and direct the medical aspects of treatments: Prescribe medications;
- Provide medical supervision to mid-level practitioners;
- Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary patient care team;
- Confer with staff and patients and their families regarding diagnosis and treatment; Recommend indicated services;
- Make recommendations and referrals as appropriate;
- Conduct assessments;
- May provide testimony in court proceedings;
- Provide clinic assessments and crisis interventions for psychiatric emergencies; Conduct in-service training;
- Ensure that medical care meets quality assurance standards;
- May supervise resident physicians. physician assistants, medical students, and nurse practitioner students;
- Order laboratory tests and evaluate results;
Ensure that patients medical charts and records are accurate and meet legal and medical requirements:
- Prepare records and reports;
Input. access. and analyze data using a computer;
- Attend/facilitate meetings;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of division's budget and ensure that revenue projections are on target.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, assesses mental disorders, and makes recommendation for treatment;
- Complete assigned call schedule, including one weekend per month with additional weekends compensated pursuant to the professional services agreement. Complete all required paperwork for managed care; and Provide in-patient services.
Provide night, weekend, and holiday medical triage and treatment authorizations via the telephone; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine; Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of psychiatry;
- Ability to make professional decisions;
- Ability to establish a community collaboration approach to maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff, and public;
- Working knowledge of the principles of personnel supervision, evaluation, and training;
- Program direction and management;
- Internal and external customer service;
Some knowledge of rules for accreditation; and
- Working knowledge of federal and state law with regard to the practice of medicine.
Skills & Abilities:
- Perform medical diagnosis and treatment;
- Provide medical and administrative direction and supervision to subordinate professional, technical and clerical staff;
Evaluate and review the work of subordinate or other medical providers for appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and chart documentation;
- Manage specialty contracts with specialty medical physicians;
Work effectively with departmental staff, private physicians. clients and others contracted in the course of work;
- Plan and prepare protocols and standardized procedures;
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and planning of health or mental health programs; Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports;
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
- Conduct in-service training programs;
- Secure State certification to supervise and direct mid-level practitioners;
- Use standard computer systems;
Provide mental health court testimony;
Manage division productivity to ensure that the budget targets are met;
Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments; and
- Work nights and weekends, on call.
Education & Experience:
Licensed physician in the State of Ohio;
Possess an unrestricted DEA license: and
- Completion of residency in psychiatry with experience in Geriatric Psychiatry.
A criminal background check is required.
Must be able to work nights, on call, and on weekends.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required in the hospital's sole discretion.