1700 Atlantic Blvd Utica, MI 48316 US
Position: Inventory Specialist
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Hourly Rate: $22 an hour w2
The Inventory Specialist supports the operations of the Materials Department by performing cycle counts and variance investigation. This position reports directly to the Department Manager.
The Inventory Specialist will:
- Perform cycle counts and use ERP software (SAP) to compare on hand quantities.
- Proactively investigate problems in the inventory process. Utilize team based methods to understand issues and generate, facilitate and evaluate solutions.
- Ensure material is properly stored using the FIFO method.
- Audit warehouse labeling and ensure the integrity and accuracy of labels.
- Notify Material Planners of low inventory levels.
- Assure material is being stored to maintain the integrity of the packaging and quality of the product.
- Communicate inventory issues that may affect departmental objectives.
- Perform other duties and special projects as deemed necessary by supervision.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma required, degree in supply chain, IT or business preferred.
- Two (2) years experience with ERP software, i.e. SAP is desired.
- Two (2) years experience with the inventory process in a manufacturing environment required.
- Familiarity with Ford DDL/SuperG desired.
- Experience with scan guns is beneficial.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!