Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Dallas, PA US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse in Dallas, PA. The Licensed Practical Nurse would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this Licensed Practical Nurse position, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 412-790-5425
Licensed Practical Nurse Compensation
- The pay for this position is $39-$44 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Licensed Practical Nurse Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is 3p-11p
Licensed Practical Nurse Responsibilities
- This is practical nursing work in the care and treatment of individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or developmental disability or the care of individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities at a Commonwealth facility.
- A resource implements nursing care plans by performing a variety of practical nursing and individual/patient/resident/inmate care duties including preparing administering and recording medications and treatments prescribed by the physician and observing and reporting changes in the physical and emotional behavior of individuals/patients/residents/inmates with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or developmental disability or individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities.
- Work also includes taking and recording vital signs collecting specimens and preparing and maintaining progress notes and other administrative reports as required.
- Work also involves participation in carrying out the total treatment program to include habilitation and rehabilitation programs as established by the interdisciplinary treatment team and include daily living and leisure time activities.
- Work may also involve charge responsibility for a living or patient care area including responsibility for maintenance of prescribed treatment and therapeutic regimens overseeing unlicensed personnel and requesting professional evaluation treatment or emergency care as needed.
- Work is performed in accordance with established laws rules and regulations and appropriate practical nursing standards and nursing procedures.
- Supervision may be received from a Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor however by law nursing duties which require licensure are performed under the direction of a Registered Nurse or a Physician who reviews the work in progress through reports and by ward or living area inspections and observations.
- Nurses are expected to be competent in the following areas at a minimum but not limited to: airway insertion first aid catheter insertion AED administering oxygen IV therapy heparin lock insertion and irrigation medication administration injections treatments vital signs nursing protocols participating in the plan of care ambu bag audiogram testing medications tele binocular testing universal/standard precautions catheter care catheter insertion perineal care documentation of IV therapy heparin lock insertion and irrigation initiation and care of tubing care of a heparin well parenteral management secondary medications use of IV infusion pump use of manual flow regulator.
Licensed Practical Nurse Requirements
Current Pennsylvania License for Practical Nurse or is eligible to sit for the Practical Nurse Licensure Examination.
Proficient computer skills to include but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records data base.
If you think this Licensed Practical Nurse position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!