Long Term Care Pharmacist
Milwaukee, WI 53224 US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring an LTC Pharmacist in Milwaukee WI 53224. The LTC Pharmacist would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this LTC Pharmacist position, please apply to this posting with Silvana Manzella at A-Line or send resume to email@example.com
LTC Pharmacist Compensation
- The pay for this position is $60.90 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
LTC Pharmacist Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is:
- 12pm to 9pm
- 100% on-site
LTC Pharmacist Responsibilities
- Provides pharmaceutical services to long term care and institutionalized patients in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety.
- Participates in and oversees the dispensing of medication in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and PharMerica policy.
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
LTC Pharmacist Requirements
- Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
LTC Pharmacist Preferred Qualifications
- One year experience in long-term care
If you think this LTC Pharmacist position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to e-mail or apply now for IMMEDIATE consideration.
Silvana Manzella / firstname.lastname@example.org