Maintenance Mechanic 1st Shift
Maintenance Mechanics 1st Shift perform skilled work in the operation, predictive and preventative maintenance, and repair of the facility’ s real property, power industrial trucks, and plant utility systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all company personnel safety, food safety, attendance, GMP policies.
- Able to work effectively under time constraints.
- Reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule in a cold, wet, humid environment with temperatures ranging from 35 to 50 degrees.
- Proactive in the daily plant operations.
- Works to maximize plant efficiencies, reduce costs, and maintain product quality.
- Completes daily log sheets, communicates effectively, and is proactive in recognizing and reporting unsafe conditions and/or other mechanical concerns.
- Able to assist in maintaining a relevant and accurate mechanical inventory. Accurately and consistently charges out parts.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to include lubrication, conveyor belt repairs, power train & bearing maintenance, motor and gearbox replacement, fork truck & pallet jack maintenance.
- Able to use measurement devices.
- Able to perform electrical and mechanical predictive and preventative maintenance as tasked.
- Possesses the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical and electrical equipment in a timely manner.
Key Words: Lubrication, Conveyor Belt Repairs, Power Train & Bearing Maintenance, Motor and Gearbox Replacement, Fork Truck & Pallet Jack Maintenance.