1700 Atlantic Blvd Auburn Hills, MI 48326 US
10pm to 6am
Pay Rate: 26/hr W2
6 Months Contract to Hire
The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain plant machinery, machine tools, and equipment in good operating condition and assist in installing new machinery and attachments and the setup of present equipment after its relocation. Must maintain and adhere to the ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
The Maintenance Mechanic will:
- Disassemble, repair, and adjust large, heavy, and more complicated types of machines as instructed.
- Replace work or broken parts; scrape and fit moving parts for free running; adjust clutches.
- Reassemble machines and operate on tryouts.
- Assist in installing, leveling, and set up of new machinery and equipment; the anchoring and leveling of present machines and equipment after relocation.
- Assist in installing steel structures for overhead suspend equipment.
- Carry out schedules for servicing machine belting, monorail system, hoists, etc.
- May be required to start up general plant equipment as directed by supervision.
- Perform other miscellaneous work pertaining to the maintenance mechanic as directed by supervision.
- Participate in inventory as required.
- Act as an emergency responder when emergency situations arise with the facility.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by supervision.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma required.
- Maintenance certification or journeyman card required; PLC training a plus.
- Must be able to work from layouts, diagrams, and detailed instructions.
- Must be able to use scale, level, calipers, and other measuring equipment.
- Blueprint reading required.
- Welding and some electrical skills required.
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!