24400 Dequindre Road Warren, MI 48091 US
SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting,and repair of all site-wide equipment in order to maintain the operations of a just in time automotive assembly operation. The position requires attention to details and accuracy within good documentation practices. The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate, and repair site-wide equipment is critical to the success of this role within the maintenance department.
- Perform routine, scheduled, unscheduled, and corrective maintenance for all equipment.
- Lead troubleshooting and evaluation of equipment for assigned region.
- Evaluate equipment failures for methods or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Interface with Operations Support for any issues relevant to plant performance.
- Use a computer based maintenance management system.
- Repair and/or replace defective parts dealing with motors, controllers and other industrial systems.
- Utilize safe work methods; adhere to safety regulation; various codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Properly use drill press, grinder, hand tools and other power equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Other maintenance tasks including some facility maintenance activities.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High level attention to detail
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting and project management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivator, ability to work independently under general guidance and direction
- Ability to independently learn systems and processes associated with the role
- Welding experience preferred
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge
- Prefer experience operating Forklift & Boom Lift