Manager, Corporate Accounting
- The Manager, Corporate Accounting is responsible for assisting the Director, Corporate Accounting with the management of all corporate accounting activities including various accounting duties, month end closing processes for corporate entities, financial statement preparation, and internal controls.
- Resolves inquiries from field and corporate management, providing accounting guidance, and conducts various ad-hoc projects as directed.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and support to the corporate accounting staff.
- Manage the month end and year end closing process for corporate entities.
- Prepare, review, and approve operating accruals and related journal entries.
- Review and approve various complex balance sheet account reconciliations, including various Payroll related accounts Ability to understand complex accounting concepts and adhere to all requirements.
- Prepare internal monthly financial statements including variance analysis account activity.
- Assist in the preparation of select SEC disclosures and review of SEC filings Lead various projects and support process improvement initiatives .
- Manage and monitor business processes to ensure financial reports are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)_and/or company policies and standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide direction, guidance, and leadership by example Interact with internal and external auditors to provide information.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Master’ s degree preferred. 4+ years of accounting or finance experience, preferably in public accounting or healthcare industry.
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
- License/Certification: CPA preferred.