Manager, Healthcare Analytics - West
Position Purpose: The Manager, Healthcare Analytics drives the execution of analytics strategy through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions. The manager aligns talent and resources to support enterprise and health plan needs by leveraging data to achieve strategic objectives and improve business performance
- Lead the planning and execution of enterprise-wide analytics projects and strategic initiatives, translating business goals into actionable solutions
- Manage development efforts as a liaison with business and technical partners, including managing stakeholder expectations, requirements gathering, testing, deployment and user adoption
- Prioritize team work, manage customer expectations and relationships, and maintain alignment of deliverables with business needs and strategic objectives
- Support customer engagement and satisfaction by maintaining effective communication and transparency of work and deliverables with core stakeholders
- Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners
- Independently engage with business leaders to understand market-specific levers and constraints
- Leverage enterprise reporting tools to rapidly deliver data-driven insights and recommendations
- Facilitate cross-team project collaboration between state-based health plans and business units, including IT, Finance, Network Development, and Payment Integrity
- Mentor, manage, and ensure the continuous development of a team of analysts
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field. Master' s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare analytics, large databases, data verification, data management, table creation and indexing, query optimization, utilization of stored procedures, developing complex queries using SQL or other coding languages.
- Lead or management experience.
- Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred.
- Demonstrated ability mentoring and training of junior analysts in a supervisory or other informal leadership role preferred.
- Experience in provider contracting, claims pricing, financial reporting/analysis, data modeling, statistical modeling, data science, or geospatial/reimbursement analysis.