- Plan direct, and implement the payroll functions to ensure successful execution of the payroll functions for the company.
- Manage the day to day operations of the payroll department, ensuring timely and accurate payment of payroll and various payments to employees.
- Manage the day to day workflow and operation of the PRIS functions, with focus on audit and system integrity.
- Identify process and infrastructure needs to support change and consider broad range of internal/external factors when making decisions.
- Oversee new business implementation to ensure successful integration into payroll system.
- Ensure 404 compliance within payroll functions, updating narratives and processes.
- Oversee tax filing procedures, including all payroll related filings (940s, 941s, W' 2s, etc).
- Prepare monthly payroll journal entries.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations for payroll related accounts.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll entries against system and wages paid to ensure compliance for payroll laws.
- Balances the payroll by performing necessary audits and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Streamline and create business processes to effectively achieve results and accuracy.
- Stay updated on new payroll legislation and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed action Implement payroll changes and standard software upgrades, by leading requirements gathering and system user acceptance testing.
Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
4+ years of payroll experience.
Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
Experience in a multi-state, system implementations, and large volume payroll processing preferred.
License/Certification: CPP preferred.
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.