Manager Bank Collections
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage consumer, mortgage and other bank collection activities on highly complex collection accounts.
- Manage the process, monitor and/or participate in delinquent loan review functions to including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, delinquent loan monitoring, generate collection letters, collection calls, negotiating and developing repayment plan and track loan losses and/or recoveries.
- Consult legal department regarding bankruptcies, collections and foreclosures.
- Work with repossession vendors to secure repossessed or foreclosed property.
- Oversee the liquidation of repossessed collateral which could include both automobiles and homes. Interact with collections agency as needed.
- Oversee and supervise collections team with the functions of delinquent loan reviews, collections, recovery and bankruptcy processing.
- Assist staff in the collections process when necessary.
- Participate in the process of selecting, hiring, training, development, counseling and discipline of assigned staff in accordance with corporate Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Assist senior management in creating and implementing overall department policies, functions, procedures and goals.
- Prepare detailed reports, summaries, and analyses.
- Make recommendations to senior management regarding changes in market trends and current policy and procedures.
- Oversee the collections process to ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and business objectives.
- Manage and administer bank collection systems and customer contact systems.
- Bachelor' s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management or a related field or four years of related work experience.
- 5 years of related work experience.
- Working with manual and automated accounting and cash processes.
- Working with automated collection systems and call environments.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Supervision of collections operations.
- Creating, implementing, reviewing and updating collections processes and procedures
- Evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of systems and business processes
- Knowledge of collections terminology
- Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Bank products and services related to collections, bankruptcies and foreclosures
- Basic management and auditing theory
- Productivity and benchmarking practices