Manager, Major Surgery
South Bend, IN
- Manages staff providing patient care services and the daily operations of the department.
- Contributes to the development/revision of policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Serves as the nursing leader for designated shift of the department and acts as a liaison with other departments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s of Science in Nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana and a minimum of three years job related experience including one year of leadership experience also required.
- Requires knowledge of nursing care practices, equipment, procedures and techniques utilized within the department.
- Requires working knowledge of department policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrates solid management skills needed to provide effective direction and manage the effective utilization of resources; also requires the ability to promote teamwork.
- Requires the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build and maintain effective working relationships and interact in a highly effective manner with all levels of staff.
- Requires the ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organization skills necessary for project planning and to coordinate the activities of diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires a strong customer service orientation.
- Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, certain undesirable patient care activities and possible exposure to bio-hazards.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
For more information, please contact (877) 782-3334