Master Process Technician - Injection Mold
Nicholasville, KY 40356
- Start up Huskys after mold changes accurately and in required time frame. Work as part of team with maintenance and machine operators to ensure effective mold change and PM activities are completed.
- Evaluate molds and changeover parts before/after mold changes for maximum efficiency in changes. Coordinate repair/refurbishment activities with Maintenance Manager.
- Assist maintenance personnel in trouble shooting mechanical/tooling issues.
- Use computer applications (including CDM Apriso) to view production schedule and plan appropriately for upcoming tooling changes. Meet with necessary personnel to plan each day’ s activities.
- Work with Corporate Engineering on new product launches. Qualify preforms to specifications.
- Work with mold vendors to correct or refurbish tooling.
- Record mold change information on proper forms, update master process sheets at machine, and FMS database.
- Maintain tooling inventory in FMS database, and maintain tooling transfer tracking in FMS.
- Actively identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency, safety, effectiveness and timeliness of mold changes and present suggestions to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for the levels training of all injection operators and technicians. Will be primary evaluator for levels sign offs.
- Responsible for creating Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area in accordance with Company standards.
- Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) as documented in the policy.
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and as stated in the various safety-related training programs. Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel. Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May perform other related assignments at the direction of supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience operating or maintaining Husky or other injection-molding machines required.
- Experience leading projects.
- Knowledge of blow molding and/or one-step processes
- Must be familiar with all sections of Master Process Book.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Incumbent must possess strong training abilities.
- Must be able to use necessary computer applications (including CDM Apriso, FMS & Lotus Notes).
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334, Pamela X253