Dearborn, MI 48126
SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
Ensures that the inventory of materials is up to date and sufficient to meet requirements.
- Receive inbound material loads.
- Check and verify all outbound material loads.
- Maintain Bill of Lading Logs.
- Maintain Supplier/Customer inventory system.
- Input inbound and outbound shipments in customer material tracking system as required.
- Complete receiving discrepancy reports upon finding nonconforming product and follow MAS 1040 WI Control of product not approved and/or nonconforming.
- Identify inbound material racks to maintain FIFO inventory system.
- Prepare expedite parts for shipment to assembly plant.
- Occasionally deliver expedite parts to the assembly plant (when applicable).
- Conduct inventory cycle counts when needed.
- Supervise Hilo drivers and ensues efficient stocking of production areas.
- Any and all tasks given by management or manager.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS (List specific skills required but not defined in Description)
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Prior Purchasing, Materials Planning, or Inventory Control experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or any relative ERP/MRP/PRP system
- Previous experience with expediting materials to meet established schedules
- Previous customer service experience
- Hilo operation experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of basic purchasing principles
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- Inventory Accuracy
- Cycle Count Efficiency
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement
- Completeness and usability of documentation
- Completion of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Effectiveness of training
- Effectiveness of communication
- Effective supervision of direct report employees
- Ability to work in a team environment