Marshall, IL 62441
Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities of the Materials Department which includes Purchasing, Customer Service, and Receiving and Shipping.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the department - Procurement Manager, Customer Service and Scheduling Manager and Warehouse Manager
- Manage materials on all processes for accuracy of counts, location and status. Manage the annual inventory with the Controller and Plant Manager.
- Create plans to meet monthly shipment goals. Work with a cross-functional team to develop weekly schedules that optimize plant efficiency, manage inventory levels and meet or exceed customer due dates.
- Responsible for budget preparations, monitoring, analysis and substantiating data to support same. Anticipates and plans for the purchase and/or replacement of department equipment and budgets accordingly.
- Manage the customer service staff to meet company goals, meet shipment goals and satisfy customer needs as long as customer needs are not contrary to company goals and objectives.
- Lead activities associated with the purchasing of material and finished goods, production scheduling, material handling, forecasting and inventory management as well as logistics (shipping, receiving, warehouse, import administration and global transportation).
- Provide leadership and direction to the team in order to ensure on-time delivery of materials and finished goods at the planned price, schedule and quality.
- Develop a Production Plan that supports the budget.
- Review sales forecast versus actual sales and make adjustments to assure that production will meet customer demand as well as inventory metrics.
- Review release strategies for production and purchase orders to verify coverage of customer demand on a daily basis.
- Ensure proper alignment of planned orders.
- Work with Customer Service on communication of projected delivery dates
- Review MRP controllers to ensure production and purchase orders are in line with the production plan.
- Review MRP exception messages.
- Analyze days’ supply on hand and slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Establish projected inventory levels, raw, WIP, and finished goods.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by ensuring handling procedures and transactions are adhered to.
- Investigate root cause for unfavorable trends; implement corrective actions where appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to spending levels.
- On time delivery of quality products to meet promise to the customer.
- Meet inventory levels committed to in the budget.
- Achieve budgeted cost improvements in materials and logistics costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- BS Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 15 years of hands on materials experience (to include Material Planning, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Planning, and Master Scheduling) in a high-volume manufacturing operation; overall completely experienced in all facets of Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the supply chain process, operational procedures and accounting principles that relate to the purchasing function and financial implication to the operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern purchasing policies, procedures, and practices, kinds, grades, and qualities of a wide variety of equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Ability to learn, lead, train, educate, direct, plan, coordinate and implement new policies, procedures and programs.
- Must have strong systems capability with knowledge of MRP/capacity planning functionality.
- APICS Certification desired.
- Strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Green Belt/Black Belt Six Sigma certified preferred.
- Familiarity with personal computing software (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint.).
- Expert level SAP experience preferred.