Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Medical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform initial-response screening following protocols approved by supervising physician.
- Escort patient to room and prepares patient for examination, procedure and treatment.
- Obtain vital signs and record in the EHR.
- Obtain, evaluate, and record patient history employing critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for, set up and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments per protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and administer oral, parenteral medications and immunizations as ordered by the supervising physician based on Henry Ford Medical Group medication policy. Documents medication administration following the 6 rights in the EHR.
- Maintain medication and immunization records.
- Documents care provider during patient visit in EHR.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies.
- Responds to patient requests via telephone encounter, In Basket message and/or My Chart according to identified time frames and documents responses in the EHR.
- Monitors and performs in basket duties to ensure timely response.
- Enters medication, radiology and lab orders in the electronic health record for provider sign off.
- Discharges patient providing after visit instructions to patient and/or care giver as directed by the provider.
- Enters medication refill orders per protocol.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) Medical Assistant Program or graduate of a formal medical assistant program with a minimum of one year continuous work as Medical Assistant with verifiable clinical experience or graduate of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Completion of a clinical externship.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of clinical skills as related to ambulatory patient care.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
(586) 323-6600 ext. 264