1501 West Royal Lane Irving, TX 75063
Certified Medical Assistant - CMA (Oncology)
Hours: M-F 10: 00am - 6: 00pm
Hourly Pay: $15.00 - $17.00
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed. Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician
- Assists procedures
- Certified as a Medical Assistant
- Strong computer skills (will have to learn and utilize: Centricity, Mosaiq, iKnowMed, Vision Tree Optimal Care, WorkDay)
- Strong work ethic (shows up to work on time, ready to work, willingness to step in and help out teammates when necessary)
- Prior procedure experience a plus (will be assisting physician in using nasopharyngoscope on patients which will include prepping the patient, prepping the equipment, and cleaning the equipment)