7950 Floyd Curl Drive San Antonio, TX 78229
SHIFT: M-F 8: 30a-5p
PAY RANGE: $12-15/hr
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability available after 90 days and 401k available after 1 year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Schedule blood transfusions, therapeutic phlebotomies, ordering special tests (Oncotypes, Kras testing, EGFR (epidural growth factor receptor), Myraid, Paradigm, etc.).
- May enter orders under a providers direction and supervision.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Certified Medical Assistant required.