1626 U.S. 287 Business Waxahachie, TX 75165
A-Line staffing is quickly looking to hire an experience Medical Assistant to work in a busy oncologist office. If you are interested in the position below, please contact Drita at 586-710-7957
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Location: Waxahachie TX 75165
SHIFT: Monday thru Fri 8-5
PAY: $18.00 an hour
Medical Assistant Job Description: The Medical Assistant will work alongside one colorectal surgeon and will be responsible for assisting with all clinical duties, including assisting surgeon with patients during clinic and office procedures, scheduling of surgeries both in office and in hospital as well as any other clinical duties needed. Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate. -Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures. Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed. Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician
- 1 plus years’ experience as a Medical Assistant
- Certification in Medical Assistant
- Full benefits available after 90 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability
- 401k after 1 year of employment: With employer match and profit sharing
- Competitive Pay Rate!
- Work Life Balance!