Medical Billing Specialist (Hybrid)
Monroeville, PA US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Medical Billing Specialist (Remote) Must be within 1 hour of Monroeville, PA
Onsite 2 days a month- Must be within 1 hour of Monroeville.
Remote Medical Billing Specialist Compensation
- The pay for this position is $21.50 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Remote Medical Billing Specialist Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is Mon -Fri 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Onsite 2 days a month- Must be within 1 hour of Monroeville.
Remote Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities
- Billing Specialist I will be responsible for qualifying, preparing and submitting claims to Medicare Part B, Major Medical and Medicaid. Individual must work with LTC facility staff, Omnicare pharmacy operations staff, prescriber offices, third party payers, patients and/or their responsible parties and claim processors.
- This position requires work within several different operating systems and web based programs to retrieve document images, collect supporting or additional information on fills and work claims through to resolution to ensure compliant, timely and accurate billing practices.
- The position does require outbound calling.
Remote Medical Billing Specialist Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance/billing or related work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with healthcare reimbursement systems.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Entry level position; 0-2 years of pharmacy billing experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and prioritization skills
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good computer skills requiring basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and good typing skills