Medical Nurse Practitioner
Shawnee, KS 66214 US
Medical Nurse Practitioner
Full time - permanent
20 bed Geri-Psychiatric facility
Work Schedule M-F and 1 weekend a month
Pay Range: $120K-$130K depending experience (needs prior inpatient experience)
CME: $1,500 and 3 days annual
Supervisor: Chief Medical Officer
Summary of Objectives:
This exempt position works under the administrative supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and provides pharmacology, consultation services to colleagues, clinical staff, and other appropriate clinical services in the treatment of clientele.
- Provide medical supervision and administrative direction while on duty;
- Conduct examinations, assessments, or evaluations;
- Make diagnosis and prescribe medical and rehabilitative treatment;
- Direct the aspects of treatments while attending practitioner;
- Prescribe medications; provide supervision to low-level clinicians;
- Confer with staff and patients and their families regarding diagnosis and treatment;
- Recommend indicated services;
- Make recommendations and referrals as appropriate;
- Provide clinic assessments and interventions for medical emergencies;
- Assure that care meets quality standards;
- Order laboratory tests and evaluate results;
- Ensure that patient charts and records are accurate and meet legal and medical requirements;
- Prepare records and reports; input, access and analyze data using a computer;
- Attend/facilitate meetings;
- Attend and participate as an active member of a multidisciplinary treatment team;
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, assesses mental disorders, and makes recommendation for treatment;
- Prescribes and/or administers medication;
- Completes all required paperwork for managed care; and
- Provides in-patient services.
- Provide night, weekend, and holiday medical triage and treatment authorizations via the telephone; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine;
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of nursing;
- Ability to make professional decisions;
- Ability to establish a community collaboration approach to maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff, and public;
- Internal and external customer service;
- Some knowledge of rules for accreditation; and
- Working knowledge of federal and state law about the practice of medicine.
Skills & Abilities:
- Perform diagnosis and treatment;
- Evaluate and review the work of subordinate or other medical providers for appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and chart documentation;
- Work effectively with departmental staff, private physicians, clients, and others contracted in the course of work;
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and planning of health or mental health programs;
- Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports;
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
- Use standard computer systems;
- Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and assessments; and
- Work prearranged shifts whether weekend or on call at both Indianapolis and Anderson facilities.
Education & Experience:
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner in Kansas; possession of an unrestricted DEA license.
- Psychiatry certification; experience in geriatric psychiatry.
For immediate consideration please reply directly to this posting. A-Line Staffing Roxanne Berendt cell# 586-256-1110