Shawnee, KS 66214 US
Part time permanent
20 bed Geriatric Psychiatric facility
Salary $125 per hour for seeing patients plus $2K per month stipend for collaborating with a full time nurse practitioner
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
This contract position works under the administrative supervision of the Corporate Medical Director and provides pharmacology, consultation services to colleagues, clinical staff, and other appropriate clinical services in the treatment of clientele.
This individual is a physician with experience working with a geriatric patient base. The incumbent serves as the director of medicine for one or more locations. Incumbents are responsible for the medical management of one or more hospitals within the Health System, provide medical and technical advice to staff, the local medical community, and the patients.
The Physician shall perform all services hereunder in compliance with all relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and standards governing the practice of medicine. The Physician shall perform all duties hereunder in conformance with all requirements of policies and procedures, Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations, and Corporate Compliance Program.
- Provide medical supervision and administrative direction to subordinate medical and support staff;
- Follow protocols and standardized procedures;
- Conduct medical and physical examinations and evaluations;
- Make diagnosis and prescribe medical and rehabilitative treatment;
- Supervise and direct the medical aspects of treatments;
- Prescribe medications;
- Provide medical supervision to mid-level practitioners;
- Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary patient care team and attend all treatment team meetings;
- Confer with staff and patients and their families regarding diagnosis and treatment;
- Recommend indicated services;
- Make recommendations and referrals as appropriate;
- Conduct assessments;
- Provide testimony in court proceedings, if necessary;
- Provide clinic assessments and crisis interventions for emergencies;
- Conduct in-service training;
- Ensure that medical care meets quality assurance standards;
- Supervise resident physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical students, and nurse practitioner students;
- Order laboratory tests and evaluate results;
- Ensure that patient charts and records are accurate and meet legal and medical requirements;
- Prepare records and reports;
- Input, access, and analyze data using a computer;
- Attend/facilitate meetings;
- Performs evaluations, assesses medical conditions, and makes recommendation for treatment;
- Complete assigned call schedule, including one weekend per month with additional weekends compensated pursuant to the professional services agreement.
- Complete all required paperwork for managed care; and
- Provide in-patient services.
- Provide night, weekend, and holiday medical triage and treatment authorizations via the telephone; and
- Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine;
- Ability to make professional decisions;
- Ability to establish a community collaboration approach to maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff, and public;
- Working knowledge of the principles of personnel supervision, evaluation, and training;
- Program direction and management;
- Internal and external customer service;
- Some knowledge of rules for accreditation; and
- Working knowledge of federal and state law with regard to the practice of medicine.
Skills & Abilities:
- Perform medical diagnosis and treatment;
- Provide medical and administrative direction and supervision to subordinate professional, technical and clerical staff;
- Evaluate and review the work of subordinate or other medical providers for appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and chart documentation;
- Manage specialty contracts with specialty medical physicians;
- Work effectively with departmental staff, private physicians, clients and others contracted in the course of work;
- Plan and prepare protocols and standardized procedures;
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and planning of health or mental health programs;
- Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports;
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
- Conduct in-service training programs;
- Secure State certification to supervise and direct mid-level practitioners;
- Use standard computer systems;
- Provide mental health court testimony;
- Manage division productivity to ensure that the budget targets are met;
- Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments; and
- Work nights and weekends, on call, as scheduled.
Education & Experience:
- Licensed physician in the applicable state;
- Possess an unrestricted DEA license;
- A criminal background check is required.
- Must be able to work nights, on call, and on weekends.
- Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required in the hospital's sole discretion within the terms of the contract.
For immediate consideration please reply directly to this posting. A-Line Staffing Roxanne Berendt cell# 586-256-1110