Medical Record Abstractor RN! MUST LIVE IN PA!
Harrisburg, PA 17102 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring Medical Record Abstractors in Harrisburg, PA 17120. The Abstractors would be working for the public health system and has career growth potential. This would be a full-time position.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Breanna D. at 586-710-7972 with A-Line Staffing.
Medical Record Abstractor Compensation
- The pay for this position is $31.00 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Medical Record Abstractor Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is 8am-4:30pm
- Remote position with infrequent travel
Medical Record Abstractor Responsibilities
- The Medical Record Abstractor shall conduct medical record review and abstraction of assigned cases to identify and document variables of interest. Familiarity with medical records including multiple systems as well as experience with common medical terminology is preferred
- The Medical Record Abstractor will abstract demographic diagnostic, clinical, epidemiologic, and administrative data from medical records into a computerized case record system following defined procedures.
- The Medical Record Abstractor shall act as a liaison between the Surveillance Program and care facilities to assist with the coordination of medical records access and follow-up on identified cases.
Medical Record Abstractor Requirements
- Active RN license (must be in good standing)
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, biology, or other health-related fields
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience as a clinical research coordinator or work in health-related registries, including cancer, fetal/infant mortality review, maternal mortality review, etc. is preferred
- May consider applicants with associate degrees with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in clinical research or a health-related registry
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
If you think this Medical Record Abstractor position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, medical records abstractor, records abstraction, auditing, grievance, claims. management, audit, insurance, managed care, patient, patient healthcare, healthcare, dispute appeals, universal claims, complicated claims, outpatient, inpatient, telephonic utilization review, prior authorizations, case management, disease management, concurrent review, hospital, providers, member services, managed care, quality management, risk management, quality improvement, acute care, chronic care, critical care