Medical Technologist -Microbiology - Days
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests using various instruments and/or manual methods on blood, plasma, urine, CSF, stool, and/or body fluids following standard operating procedures in the Microbiology Lab.
- Position plans, organizes, and prioritizes work duties to accomplish daily tasks and objectives.
- Complies with all established standards and practices pertaining to test performance, including, but not limited to, laboratory procedures, hospital procedures, CAP guidelines, JCAHO guidelines, and within the institution’ s policies regarding compliance.
- Performs quality control procedures as needed and established by protocol.
- Analyzes quality control data, makes judgments on observed results and takes appropriate action to ensure that accuracy and precision are maintained.
- Identifies aberrant patient results; recognizes factors that affect measurements/results, and takes appropriate action; seeks assistance in resolution as needed.
- Performs and documents equipment maintenance, calibration, quality control, and other trouble shooting procedures.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions, documents problems as may be required, performs trouble-shooting and repair in accordance with established guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of Microbiology Experience
- Completion of an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or related science from an accredited school.
- National certification eligible by NCA, ASCP, or HEW.