Mentor-Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP)
408 W. Main Street Safford, AZ 85546 US
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP) Highlights:
- Hybrid role: part onsite and could require local fieldwork traveling to patients’ homes
- 12pm-8pm (40 hours/week), possible OT required
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- Pay Range: $15 - $17 Hourly (plus mileage reimbursement)
- Responsible for coordinating and providing services with agencies and families to meet the needs of the patient according to the treatment plan.
- Manage a caseload of 10-15 members that includes children and adolescents under the age of 17.
- Thorough understanding and maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follows Duty to Report and Therapeutic Boundaries
- Coordinates services according to treatment plan
- Assists children to meet their needs in accordance with treatment plan.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines.
- Actively communicates with pertaining agency about any member concerns, issues or achievements.
- Provides services during groups, respite, transportation, school, and in-home services when applicable.
- Provides direction and follow-up to families and individuals regarding their concerns and issues.
- Creates a safe environment for the children and their families.
- Provides information and referral assistance to families.
- Actively communicates with site staff of any changes.
- Timely documentation of all services provided in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Reports all incidents within 24 hours to the Supervisor and completes appropriate forms/documentations as directed by the Supervisor.
- Attends mandatory weekly Supervision.
- Communicates with Site Supervisor about hours worked, anticipated overtime, scheduled time off and absences from work.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule and communicate with your supervisor about any barriers to reporting to work as scheduled.
- An associate degree in related field or behavioral health field preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health is acceptable.
- Minimum of 1 year of behavioral health work experience preferred.
- One year of work experience with children and families.
- Must be 21+ years of age or older, in accordance with Dept. of Health Services R9-20-204.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office- Word, Excel, and Outlook) Must have a current/unexpired Driver’s license and maintain clean driver’s record for the past 39 months
- Have reliable transportation and be willing to utilize personal vehicle for company use (mileage reimbursement available).
- Provide and maintain current proof of insurance and registration.
- Must maintain a current/valid/unrestricted Level 1 Fingerprint Card
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- TB test within 7 days of hire.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- Ability and willingness to receive coaching and feedback.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to perform the essential job functions safely and successfully.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other Federal, State and Local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
If you are interested in this Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP) position, please apply to this posting with Luke Heuser at A-Line!
Keywords: behavioral health, mental health, psychiatric, psych, behavioral health paraprofessional, behavioral health tech, behavioral health technician, pediatric, CPS, DCFS, foster care, special care, special care needs, special needs, behavioral healthcare, mental healthcare, psychiatric health, psychiatric healthcare, pediatrics, home health, home healthcare, case manager, case management, home health case manager, pediatric case manager, fieldwork, child, children, adolescents, STAR Kids, care coordination, care coordination, care manager, care management, managed care, MCO, CMS, Medicaid, Medicare, EMR, Electronic Medical Records system