Oncology Registered Nurse
Dallas, TX US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Oncology Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX. The Oncology Registered Nurse would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this Oncology Registered Nurse position, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 412-790-5425
Oncology Registered Nurse Compensation
- The pay for this position is $42-$47 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Oncology Registered Nurse Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is full-time Monday-Friday hours (8am-5pm) position with no weekends, call, or major holidays.
Oncology Registered Nurse Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the continuity of care consistent with established standards and practices.
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing, diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments for patients.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to patient care.
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
Oncology Registered Nurse Requirements
- The ideal candidate for the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level candidate
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There is a possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
If you think this Oncology Registered Nurse position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!