Order Entry Technician
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Shift: Tuesday Saturday 9: 00 AM -5: 30 PM
- Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription.
- Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process orders based on the priority assigned.
- Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets.
- Prepare backup pharmacy orders.
- Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
- Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
- Courteously assists all internal and external customers.
- Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
- Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Technician License Required; Licensed/Registered Pharmacy Technician or as required by State Law.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology.
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information.
- Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.
- Basic math and analytical skills Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English.
- Previous pharmacy technician experience.
- Previous data entry experience.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.