Other Clinical Position
10101 Woodloch Forest Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380
A-Line Staffing Solutions is Hiring a Certified HCC Medical Coder for Leading National Oncology Group
Please note: The position is currently remote, but we are seeking candidates that reside within 45 miles of Houston, TX to accommodate occasional meetings in The Woodlands, TX
- Abstracts relevant clinical and demographic information from the medical record to assign current ICD-10 and CPT codes in accordance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Identifies eligible HCCs (Hierarchal Condition Coding) when appropriate in relation to provided guidelines, with minimal error, based on provider documentation
- Follows coding processes and procedures along with updating them as directed by manager.
- Performs the minimum number of validations consistent with established departmental goals
- Provides clear communication, with the ability to Identify and report quality concerns and errors
- Codes with an accuracy of 95% based on QA internal reviews.
- Requests documentation / diagnosis from provider when information is not recorded.
- Determines and records the required medical information and additions to the Problem List in the EHR in accordance to established guidelines
- Works with appropriate clinic staff in coordinating medical information for completion of patient record with HCCs.
- Updates coding procedures and guidelines in coordination with Coding Manager
- Maintains the confidentiality of the medical information contained in each record.
- Patient information to be handled in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Expected to be able to partner with practices and peers in a collaborative way in coordination with manager and director.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a course in medical record technology.
- Minimum 2-3 years of coding medical experience required; three years’ experience medical coding preferred.
- HCC Medical Coding Certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders or AHIMA- Required
- Knowledge of medical records coding procedures and knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT Coding Systems required.
- Must be well versed and trained in handling PHI.
- Must have a private space with a wired internet connection to conduct remote work
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Michael Nichols at email@example.com