Albany, NY 12208 US
One of the nation’s largest cancer treatment and research networks is now hiring a PET/CT Technologist in Albany, NY! This is a full-time contract to hire opportunity, see additional details below:
Radiology Technologist Job Highlights
- Pays: $50+ per hour, based on experience and qualifications (open to negotiation)
- Full-Time, Day Shift: Shifts varying 8 or 10 hrs per day: 7am-3:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm or 6:30am-5:00pm or 7am-5:30pm with occasional extended hours if demand is there.
- Contract to Hire via A-Line Staffing Solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostic and theraputic PET/CT procedures to include: injection of radio- pharmaceutical and/or IV contrast, the administration of oral contrast, protocol setup, patient positioning, reconstruction and filming of images, network image transfers, and archiving of image data.
- Assists in procedure scheduling and related front office functions to ensure smooth workflow.
- Ensures accuracy of patient demographic information, report distribution and patient files.
- Assists with the collection of clinical data for patient follow-up and development of teaching and educational information.
- Provides protection for patient and self in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Conducts daily quality control measures to monitor scanner performance.
- Reports all malfunctions and/or need for service to the proper company or facility.
- Responsible for patient data and films including: printing, archiving, retrieval, network data transfers, tracking and logging of loaned films and requested outside films.
- Understands the contraindications associated with the administration of IV contrast, be able to recognize possible reactions and know the procedure to follow in the case of a reaction.
- Ordering of necessary office, medical, printing and archiving media.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associates or Bachelors degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology or from an AMA accredited program or Associates or Bachelors degree in Radiologic Technology from an AMA accredited program and PET/CT certification. Minimum three to five years experience in nuclear medicine and/or previous PET experience preferred. General knowledge of patient scheduling and billing systems. CNMT (Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist) and/or ARRT (N) certification and state licensure where applicable. Certification either in ARRT ( R) or (CT) or NMTCB (CT) is also preferred.