9025 Coldwater Road Suite 100 Fort Wayne, IN 46825 US
PMHNP - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Private Practice - Outpatient
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: - Compensation - Negotiable
What we offer:
- Potential Compensation: Salary
- Flexible Schedule (No weekends!)
- Full comprehensive benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k match up to 4%
- Malpractice w/tail coverage
- 25 days PTO + 5 Sick Days + 6 Holidays + 3 Continuing Education Time Off Days
- Willing to sponsor for H1-B
- Completion of a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner program
- Current BC/BE in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry)
- Valid state Indiana license
- Valid DEA certificate
Full Job Description
This is a private practice located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Located in North East Indiana, Fort Wayne is known for its magnificent network of parks and boulevards that connect three rivers and various neighbors, which are registered on the National Register of Historic Places. The city has one of the country’s best zoos, a popular hands-on science center, great wedding venues, day trips, a famous theatre, Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), and a beautiful botanical conservatory. The NE Fort Wayne School system is rated highly for the state and offers a great place to raise kids. Short drives allow you a country setting to live in if so desired. Indianapolis is within an 1hr 45 mins and Chicago just a short 3-hour drive.
Join our interdisciplinary group private practice of Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, and a Collaborative Psychiatrist. Offering advanced options such as Brainsway TMS, Reiki, and integrative approaches.
Currently looking to expand to open further TMS offerings and modalities treated. The overall mission is to offer mental health services that provide integrative based services to the whole person during their process of finding mental and physical wellness. Our staff of Nurse Practitioners, Psychotherapists, and TMS Techs offers the latest medication, integrative, and therapy treatment designed to provide a level of services not previously available in NE Indiana. This multidisciplinary approach allows us to provide holistic and integrative care in psychiatry, psychotherapy and much more. Our team offers a broad range of specialties, services, and orientations to support and help all persons regardless of their place in life.
About the role: Duties/Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions. (Ages 10+)
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patients, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of HealthCare Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides collaboration for meeting state standards for Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatric PA’s as needed.
- Provides oversight for student residencies and preceptorships.
- Assesses and manages TMS clients ensuring proper assessment and treatment.
- Assists with expansion of other treatment modalities such as Ketamine and more.
- Professional diagnosis and evaluation of nature and severity of mental and emotional disorders in individual patients, families, and/or groups.
- Administration, assessment, and interpretation of various psychological tests and assessments.
- Formulation, implementation, and evaluation of a range of psychological therapeutic treatment plans.
- Establishment and maintenance of patient medical records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.