Pathology Assistant (PA)
Brooklyn, NY 11206 US
A-Line staffing is hiring a Pathology Assistant (PA) in Brooklyn, NY 11206
If interested APPLY NOW for IMMEDIATE consideration
Sam Heintz | call or text (586) 788-7509
Pathology Assistant (PA) Summary and Highlights:
Under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician who practices anatomic pathology, processes and documents specimens. Collects and prepares samples for pathology analysis. Conducts tissue and fluid examination, as needed. Assists with conducting postmortem examinations.
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Pathology Assistant (PA) Details:
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Payrate: $51-$58/hour
- Schedule: M-F 8am-4pm
Pathology Assistant (PA) Responsibilities:
- Prepares gross tissue sections for pathology analysis, which include but are not limited to cutting, staining, as required, describing gross anatomic features, dissecting and processing surgical specimens for bio-banking, histologic processing, or other analyses (e.g., frozen section).
- Performs human postmortem examinations, which include but are not limited to selection of tissues and fluids for further examination, external examination, dissection, and gathering and recording information for autopsy reports.
- Maintains laboratory inventory of supplies and equipment; cleans and disinfects equipment.
- Calibrates, operates and troubleshoots medical equipment.
- Completes, processes and files appropriate forms and documents, as needed.
- Photographs surgical specimens, as assigned, and maintains quality standards and requirements for collection of pathology specimen photographs.
- Participates in accessioning and labeling specimens, storing and disposing specimens, and maintaining reagents and equipment.
Pathology Assistant (PA) Qualifications:
- Valid New York State license and current registration to practice as a Pathologists’ Assistant issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
If interested apply now, call, text, or email for IMMEDIATE consideration
Sam Heintz | text (586) 788-7509