Patient Services Representative
San Antonio, TX 78251 US
Full-time Patient Services Representative openings with a major oncology office in San Antonio! Starting ASAP!! Apply now to Arely Ortiz with A-Line!
PAY RATE: $18.50/ hr.
HOURS: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm. Potential OT.
Onsite must provide proof of covid vaccination.
- Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained from patients and entered into the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Registers patients in the system as necessary.
- Collects and reviews all patient insurance information and completes insurance forms. Collects co-pays, deductibles and other out of pocket amounts at the time of visit.
- Confirms patient insurance verification and eligibility.
- Obtains pre-authorization of services and/or referrals. Assesses patient financial requirements and advises patients and families on insurance benefits, co-pays and financial obligations.
- Posts line items and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Balances receipts, reconciles daily work batches and prepares audit trail.
- Prepares deposits for bank as needed.
- Reviews Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for consistency.
- Submits files and processes all claims for payment.
- Researches and resolves claim delay issues.
- Resolves patient questions and complaints regarding insurance billing and adjusts accounts as necessary. Resubmits claims and processes all insurance/patient correspondence. Provides all documentation to expedite payment.
- Follows-up on assigned accounts. Uses collection techniques to keep accounts current including monitoring for delinquent payments.
- Sets-up financial arrangements with patients as necessary.
- As necessary, assists patients with researching and obtaining community resources including housing, transportation, drugs and pharmaceutical supplies, and financial resources.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of healthcare/medical office experience required
- Full benefits available after 90 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability
- GREAT Hours! Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, No Weekends
- Competitive Pay Rate!
Keywords: Healthcare, call center, mail order medications, Insurance Verification, Medicare, Medicaid, Medical billing, EOB, Benefit, Patient Service, PBM, Enrollment, Provider Services, Pharmacy, prior authorization, reimbursement counselor, Medical customer service, inbound calls, outbound calls, answer phones, make calls, medical terminology, medical office, medical claims, healthcare claims, claims processing