1117 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- We are seeking a full time Staff Pharmacist to accurately fill prescriptions, provide exceptional care and service to our customers and clients, perform marketing activities with sales staff and assist in networking with local physicians.
- This position is responsible for dispensing prescriptions and coordinating clinical services for specialty drugs serviced at the branch location.
- This position is responsible for interacting with the health care professionals in the provision and coordination of customer care.
- Must also translate prescriptions, perform compounds and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals.
- Must be comfortable communicating by telephone or mail, with patients and physicians for patient care.
- Will also be responsible for resolving orders via the EA (External Adjudication) queue.
- This individual must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be responsible for: reviewing patient profile, drug interactions, sensitivities and drug usage database in relation to patient' s prescription.
- Determines if prescription requires physician clarification or if it should be forwarded to therapeutic intervention or doctor phone calls for follow-up.
- Enters prescription in to the computer.
- Assists in patient services as required, taking incoming prescription medication questions/concerns from patients.
- Assists in the doctor phone call area and/or therapeutic intervention as assigned and contacts physicians to resolve any questions or concerns.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Works with other members of the pharmacy to ensure accuracy of prescriptions.
- Dispenses prescription medication and performs final dispensing quality check on all prescriptions for accuracy and dosage.
- Previous pharmacy experience in retail or hospital preferred.
- Appropriate state license required.
- Experience in home infusion therapy is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong organizational skill, interpersonal skills and detail orientation important for this position.
- Minimum of one year' s pharmacy experience in a retail or hospital setting preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor' s degree in pharmacy or Pharm D. also required with at least two years experience as a pharmacist.
- Must have an active license in good standing.
- Mon-Fri 9-5