Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician
Royal Oak, MI
- Rotating day and evening shifts.
- 2 years of experience required.
- MI licensure required.
- Must work the needs of the department.
- Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, supervisor, and/or director of pharmacy services, performs a variety of functions related to preparation, storage and/or distribution of medication within the health system.
- Responsibilities vary based on practice location and services provided.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to efficiently and accurately use the computer
- Maintains inventory control to ensure sufficient quantities are stocked
- Performs accurate data entry into site-specific systems
- Demonstrates efficiency and accuracy in medication filling, preparation, and/or packaging by ensuring the correct drug, form and labeling and other guidelines are followed according to department policy and regulatory guidelines (including USP Chapter < 795> and < 797> in sites that perform compounding services)
- Assures efficient, timely and accurate delivery and distribution of medication and medication orders
- Ensures assigned inspections are performed on time each month if applicable
- Maintains appropriate record keeping including controlled substances according to site policy and procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of our client
- Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Participates in organizational and departmental meeting
- Completes assigned competencies/mandatory education to demonstrate understanding of relevant topics and commitment to professional growth
- Provides excellent customer service by participating in Service Excellence and Patient & Family Centered Care Initiatives
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Work Experience: Six months experience in pharmacy preferred, or graduation from an accredited technician training program
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Pharmacy Technician License required by the State of Michigan
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.