Pharmacy Tech I
7034 Alamo Downs Parkway San Antonio, TX 78238
Pharmacy Technician / Pharmacy Technician Trainee needed for a very large healthcare company, located near the San Antonio, TX area.
Must have Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee License! Please apply to this posting for consideration! Damian Sroka
Starting Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week - Monday -Friday. 9: 00 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. (M-F) for 13 weeks / 11: 00 a.m. to 7: 30 p.m. (Mon – Thursday), 9: 00 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. (Fridays)
- MUST HAVE Active Pharmacy Technician Trainee License (at least) with Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Preferred Registered Pharmacy Technician with Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Preferred National Pharmacy Technician License
- Excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of commonly used generic drugs would be preferred
- this position is responsible for screening orders, research, accurately and efficiently reading, interpreting and entering prescriptions into the computer system in a timely fashion, and/ or thinking through and solving escalated prescription issues.
- Technicians will direct questionable prescriptions to the prescriber for clarification, and enter incomplete prescription information once clarification has been obtained and complete appropriate described patient letter.
- Through your skills and knowledge, you will offer solutions needed to help simplify the customer health care experience.
- Areas of focus for Pharmacy Technicians may entering patient and prescription information into our system, and faxing physicians for prescription clarification, substitutions, and formulary changes.
- To help support development and maximize workflow, you will be asked to perform other pharmacy functions as required.
Please apply directly for consideration! Damian Sroka