Pharmacy Tech II
620 Epsilon Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238
A - Line Staffing is now hiring a Pharmacy Technician in Pittsburgh, PA!
MUST - Pharmacy Technician license in good standing in the State of PA.
Hours: Training will be M-F 9-5: 30 EST
Normal schedule will be 9AM-530PM EST and every 6th Saturday 7AM-330PM EST
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of Pharmacy Technician experience in a Retail or Mail Order pharmacy setting.
- Preferred: National Certification (CPhT) for Wilkes-Barre and Pittsburgh.
- Reading, interpreting, and entering prescriptions into computer system.
- Forwarding questionable prescriptions to a Pharmacist, and completing and resolving prescriptions diverted to the clinical intervention area.
- Must be able to complete and translate incomplete prescriptions diverted.
- Complete appropriate described patient letter.
- Prepare prescriptions according to label provided, while verifying patient, address and medication information.
- Technicians also call physicians and health care providers offices for prescription clarification, substitutions, and formulary changes on a prescription order.
- Operates keyboard and computer screen to enter patient information and prescription information.
- May also assist the pharmacist with prescription clarification and/or therapeutic intervention program
Job Type: Full-time