Richardson, TX 75081
Shift Times: Monday - Friday (8 Hour Period) 7: 00 AM To 8: 00 PM
Training Dates: (02/12/2018 - 03/02/2018) Monday Friday 8: 00 AM To 4: 30 PM
- The Pharmacy Technician takes in-bound calls from members, providers, etc providing professional phone assistance to all callers through the criteria based prior authorization process.
- Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials, and transfers all clinical questions and judgment calls to the pharmacist.
- The Pharmacy Technician will also assist with other duties such as outbound calls, monitoring/responding to inquiries in mailboxes and other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Effectively manage work volume by handling inbound calls/fax requests utilizing appropriate courteous and professional behavior based upon established standards.
- Comply with departmental, company, state, and federal requirements when processing all information to ensure accuracy of information being provided to internal and external customers.
Qualifications: !Requires a State Certified Pharmacy Technician. Please No Tech Trainees!
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- CPhT registered with the TX State Board of Pharmacy.
- Ability to deal with a diverse customer base in a friendly and confident manner (internal and external customers)
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, grammar, listening)
- PC Windows experience required.
- Basic math skills required (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacy technician coordinating activities in an administrative support function.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) a must.
- Minimum (1) year experience required in a customer service position with high volume call center experience; preferably in healthcare, social services, or a similar service position.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.