Shakopee, MN US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Pharmacy Technician in Shakopee, MN. The Pharmacy Technician would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this Pharmacy Technician position, please contact me at email@example.com or call me at 412-790-5425
Pharmacy Technician Compensation
- The pay for this position is $20.50 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Pharmacy Technician Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is Shift: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm or until the job is complete
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities
- • Labels products under Pharmacist's supervision, counts medications, stocks medication on shelves, and assists customers and clinics on the telephone.
• Retrieves, counts and measures drugs.
• Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer.
• Refers doctors' calls and customers' medical inquiries to Pharmacist.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
• Must have a sense of urgency and be able to flex with various tasks throughout the workday
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand or walk the majority of the workday
Obtains new prescription refill information from customers such as name, address, and health coverage.
Labels products under Pharmacist's supervision, counts medications, stocks medication on shelves, and assists customers on the telephone and in person.
Retrieves, counts, and measures drugs.
Assists Pharmacist with the information required to consults with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements, and possible drug interactions. Assists Pharmacist in price checking and restocking of drugs.
Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer. Refers doctors' calls and customers' medical inquiries to Pharmacist. Performs related duties as assigned.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints.
Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction.
Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions.
Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
Good analytical skills.
Pharmacy Technician Requirements
- Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years of pharmacy technician experience; may be nationally certified.
- Must be unrestricted and either licensed or registered with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a technician.
Pharmacy Technician Preferred Qualifications
- Long Term Care pharmacy experience.
If you think this Pharmacy Technician position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!