694 Hill Country Drive Kerrville, TX 78028
Looking for a full-time Phlebotomist in the Kerrville area!
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8: 00 am -5: 00 pm
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs phlebotomy and collects appropriate specimens from patients as ordered. Assures pre-authorizations and completes appropriate consent (ABN) prior to collection of limited coverage tests.
- Maintains proper documentation as described by the quality assurance program including accessioning logs, equipment records and checklists.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and ensures that all supplies are viable before using for patient collection.
- Sends specimens to reference laboratories for any testing not performed in house.
- Processes incoming orders for lab testing.
- Processes in-house and in-coming reports.
- Updates and files all daily paperwork, lab logs and maintenance logs.
- Properly identifies and bands patients for blood product transfusion. Processes properly labeled specimens according to local blood bank policy.
- Position requires 5 or more years’ experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent is recommended.
- Licensure from an accredited school of phlebotomy recommended.