Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assist
Lansing, MI 48906 US
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Part time – Weekend coverage
Compensation - negotiable $500.00 per day
1099- Independent contractor
23 bed Psych Inpatient Hospital
Reports to: CMO- Chief Medical Officer
Provides direct medical care to clients
- Provides episodic, preventive, and acute health care to patients.
- Conducts histories and physical examinations and prescribes medications and/or medical treatments based on best practice standards
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with medical treatment team as well as with patients and patient’s families; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice and as defined by privileging process
- Participates in the development of health center goals and objectives
- Maintains medical records in accordance with Facility’s policies
- Provides overall responsibility for the care of patients seen in the health care clinic in the absence of the Medical Leader. Whereas, the medical director or designee will be available at all times for immediate consultation
- Professional will devote Professional’s full energy and best efforts to Professional’s performance of services for clients
- The specific hours of Professional’s service, as well as any “on call” availability will be determined by Facility.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- At least three years of psychiatric experience. Some experience in primary care is also helpful.
- Experience in a primary care, urgent care or emergency room setting is a plus.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located
- Must be Board Certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and hospital policies that apply to assigned duties.
Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct.
Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required in the hospital's sole discretion.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a primary care, urgent care or emergency room setting is a plus.