Quality Assurance Automation Tester (API)
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
This is NOT a C2C Position
Work Location: Charlotte, NC (Hybrid pref but will consider Remote candidates)
Duration: Till year end with potential extensions
Payrate: $40-48/hr W2
Note: Candidates will be required to do a pre-screening coding test using Python/Pytest
Top Three Skills:
** Hands on experience in API Testing
** Hands on experience with Python, GraphQL and Postman
** Impeccable communication skills
API PLATFORM TEST AUTOMATION SUPPORT
- Hands-on experience in designing and testing APIs
- Solid understanding of modern Cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in using build automation technologies and CICD pipelines like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, CI/Testing
- Collaborative style with an ability to achieve consensus
- Information Security and Financial Services domain knowledge a plus
- Java, Rest API, GraphQL, SQL
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals using object-oriented design and data structures.
- Modern Cloud platforms such as AWS
- Automation technologies and CICD pipelines like Cucumber, RestAssured, Junit, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, CI/Testing
- Implement shift-left test disciplines and “quality through automation” practices within the sprint team
- Collaborate with API developers and DevOps engineers and provide constant feedback to continuously improve test strategy
- Analyze the business requirements and assist technical leads and Product Owners with defining the acceptance criteria for the features that are being developed
- Decompose requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across the full solution stack
- Perform testing responsibilities within the agile team including writing, executing and debugging automated test cases using automation framework.
- Work with the development and operations teams to debug testing failures and implement solutions to fix reoccurring issues
- Actively monitor post-release metrics to identify any defects that leaked into production.
- Continuously improve test bed and write tests that expose the defect before any fix is attempted.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new techniques that will help deliver high-quality features faster.
- Improve, maintain, standardize, and execute automated testing across the full solution stack.
- Required BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!