Quality Improvement Analyst
1 Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226
Title: Quality Improvement Analyst (Medicare Analyst)
Max Pay Rate: 28.10
Shift Hours: 8-5
Duration: Contract to hire (Don’ t have 2020 budget approved yet, however, this position is in there)
Coordinates complex assignments involving cross functional teams in the fulfillment of contract deliverables, regulatory and accreditation requirements with focus on data analytics and performance improvement. Models and promotes the core values of the Collaborative and Health Plan. Provides data analytics assistance to all levels within Quality Improvement at both a market and corporate level.
- Defines analysis methodology and provides analytic support to QI staff.
- Maintains databases and reports specific to QI functions and regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Collaborates with other teammates to deliver solid, effective solutions.
- Provides data for select performance measures to regional offices.
- Communicates with external data sources as needed to gather data necessary to measure identified outcomes.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as needed for QI management.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements new data-driven strategies and processes for the organization.
- Develops tools and reports that lend valuable insights that capitalize on a combination of internal and external data.
- Recommends enhancements to existing systems in accordance to business needs by creating ad hoc and standard reports as well as new information delivery technologies.
- Acts as point of contact for business users providing both tool support and data expertise.
- Develops and provides insights into streamlining analytic QI processes.
- Assists in the HEDIS data collection process, analyzing trends, and identifying areas of improvement.
- Prepares reports and quality improvement studies in an accurate, concise and timely fashion.
- Coordinates centralized and market work plans and actions with team members assuring project timeliness and expectations are met.
- Manages key project initiatives associated with delegated vendor functions, monitoring and summarizing vendor oversight project progress.
- Participates in cross functional internal and external quality teams to improve overall organization performance.
- Performs data collection, analysis, reporting and presentation of quality improvement activities.
- Education A Bachelor' s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Information Management or other related health field Required
- A Master' s Degree in a related field Preferred or equivalent work experience directly related to data analytics through high level report writing via data management tools with the intent to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to management
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics via collecting, analyzing, and presenting data and recommendations to management Required
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Preferred
- Demonstrated written communication skills Intermediate
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Intermediate
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions Intermediate
- Ability to multi-task Intermediate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities Intermediate
- Ability to implement process improvements Intermediate
- Ability to work within tight time frames and meet strict deadlines Intermediate
- Demonstrated analytical skills Intermediate
- Demonstrated problem solving skills Intermediate
- Other Knowledge of quality improvement philosophy and techniques Intermediate
- Other Ability to utilize other data management systems to pull and analyze information to draw conclusions and recommendations Beginner
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Required
- Microsoft PowerPoint Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Outlook Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Word Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Access Beginner Preferred
- Tableau Preferred