RN - Pediatrics (000539)
1901 1st Avenue New York, NY 10029 US
If you are interested in this position, please contact Lindsay Kopasz at 5867107959 / LKopasz@alinestaffing.com
Pediatric RN Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM (12 hour)
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients' symptoms and medical history for the doctor.
- Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care.
- Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in emergency situations.
- Participating in pain management for children.
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records.
- Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Providing supportive care to dying children.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures.
- Maternal and child experience New York State RN License
- AHA BLS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
- Two years maternal and child experience
Lindsay Kopasz at 5867107959 / LKopasz@alinestaffing.com