Houston, TX 77025 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
A-Line Staffing Solutions is now hiring a Registered Dietitian in Houston, TX! The opportunity is with a reputable academic health university and offers career growth potential. Full time / 40 hours per week.
- Remote work is negotiable for the right candidate
- The pay range is $30 - $33 per hour
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8AM – 5:00PM
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- Temp to Permanent opportunity!
Job Summary: Assess, plan, implement and monitor patient nutrition while actively engaging in providing nutritional education, information, services, and guidance to advise patients on food, diet, and nutrition
by developing treatment plans. Functions as a leader in scope and engages in quality improvement measures.
- Counsels program participants on basic and/or high-risk nutritional needs based on certifications criteria and develops and implements treatment plans in coordination of care with other health professionals.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient's nutritional care and provides follow-up continuity of care including information which supports the evaluation for educational purposes.
- Instructs patients and families in nutritional principles that support independence and proper monitoring of health conditions by developing patient teaching materials. Assess patient and family feedback to education.
- Markets, promotes, and raises awareness about nutrition services through communication with area health professionals.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scope of practice; May be responsible for developing training and educational materials to assist and mentor colleagues in developing skills in area of specialty.
- Displays leadership in area of practice, formulating proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas.
- Interprets and disseminates current scientific information regarding food, nutrition, diet and health to other health professionals.
- Provides information to health and community agencies on nutritional phases of food programs.
- Engages in and identifies continuous quality improvement activities to ensure optimization in nutrition care outcomes.
- May function as a preceptor for new hires; may participate in interviewing for staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Dietitian by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours as specified by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and state licensure regulations where applicable.
- Current license by Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition by an accredited or approved education program
- 3 years of experience practicing as a Registered Dietitian.