Registered Nurse (Juvenile Corrections)
Cleveland, OH US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Registered Nurse in Highland Hills, OH!! The Position would be working for a great company and has career growth potential.
This would be full time / 40+ hours per week. - Shifts options include First- 5:30am to 3:30pm- 4, 10hr shifts, rotating weekends / Second Shift 1:30pm-11:30pm- 10hr shifts, rotating weekends / Third Shift 9:30pm-7:30am-10hr shifts, rotating weekends
Pay Rate: 45-55.00 Per hour
Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this Shifts options include: First- 5:30am to 3:30pm- 4, 10hr shifts, rotating weekends / Second Shift 1:30pm-11:30pm- 10hr shifts, rotating weekends / Third Shift 9:30pm-7:30am-10hr shifts, rotating weekends
JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: (These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
• Provides professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juvenile offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution &/or staff, observes, assesses & records symptoms, reactions & progress of infirmary patients &/or clinic out-patients, makes nursing rounds, takes & re cords vitals, prepares & administers prescribed medications & ordered treatment plans &/or immunizations, monitors restrained (e.g., lock-ups, detention, isolated) patients on timely bas is (i.e., every 15 minutes) & provide s immediate medical attention to emergencies (e.g., administers first aid; arranges transportation to hospital emergency room; contacts staff physician when necessary; counsels patient regarding need for medical referrals) & if assigned, also schedules, assigns & reviews work (i.e., has authority to either approve/disapprove leave requests or to complete performance evaluations, but such is not mandatory to be performed) of lower-level staff (e.g., RNs, LP Ns), participates in staff development & education, reviews care plans written by staff & trains & orients new employees; OR In corrections medical center, is responsible for all health care of 20-60 bedridden inmates (i.e., makes rounds, evaluates care needed & rendered; does care plans & teaches health care principles; administers medication including narcotics; renders all direct nursing care as needed) & performs specialized procedures (i.e., iv therapy, chemotherapy, wound care, oxygen therapy, dialysis, blood transfusion, incubation & CPR, tube feeding, catheterization, suctioning & phlebotomy duties).
• Organizes & oversees 'code blue' team; directs health care staff (e.g., hospital aides & licensed practical nurses) assigned to area; acts as lead worker in charge of one assigned shift in absence of nurse 2 employee' assists physician in giving diagnostic health evaluations to students.
• Performs clerical tasks (e.g., charts & records all medications, treatments & pertinent medical information; completes required reports such as incident & accident reports; documents Medicaid information; orders supplies & equipment; maintains constant & exact inventory of all controlled drugs, medication & equipment); arranges for out-patient clinic appointments; arranges for medical examinations to be done by school physician; arranges for new & refilled prescriptions ordered by physicians through local pharmacy; performs administrative tasks & serves as liaison with others in organization & conducts &/or attends meetings; serves as instructor on occasion; serves as member or leader of problem solving teams or groups.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge of professional registered nursing procedures; state & federal regulations, policies & procedures related to nursing; public relations; employee training & development*; inventory control. Skill in operation of medical equipment (e.g., stethoscope, otoscope, blood pressure cuff, EKG machine). Ability to deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; write meaningful, concise & accurate reports; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; demonstrate physical fitness. (*)Developed after employment.
- Must have clear and active RN License in the State of Ohio
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
If you think this Registered Nurse position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting! – Kyle Gregory