Registered Nurse - ONC
6500 Harris Parkway Fort Worth, TX 76132
Job Title: Registered Nurse - ONC
Location: Fort Worth TX 76132
SHIFT: Mon – Fri 8: 30am – 5pm
MAX PAY: $33.50 hourly / paid weekly
Description: Must have Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Infusion Experience, preferred certification by ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) as nurse works autonomously in a 1 nurse infusion unit with 7 chairs and an admixture technician, under the Supervision of 1 Medical Oncologist. Site also has a Radiation department.
- Must have knowledge and management experience in treatment of anaphylactic reactions with chemotherapy and biotherapy products
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient' s chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- This is an entry level nursing position requiring 1-4 years’ experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred. Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification required.
- Full benefits available after 90 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability
- 401k after 1 year of employment: With employer match and profit sharing
- Wellness Program: Now including FITNESS benefits!
- Competitive Pay Rate!
- Work Life Balance