Registered Nurse 3 PM - 11 PM
RN Home Health Case Manager
Phoenix/Tempe Area 3pm-11pm (with every other weekend)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the assessment, implementation and ongoing care of homecare and infusion patients. Compliant with all applicable regulations and accrediting body standards. Demonstrates well-defined organizational and time management skills. Observes safety guidelines and safe work practices. Applies concepts of customer relations and advocacy. Promotes positive relationships.
ENVIRONMENT: Travels to and from and performs duties in each patient’ s home. The climate is not routinely controlled. Occasionally, there may be exposure to blood, body tissues and other potentially infectious fluids. There can be exposure to loud and unpleasant noises, unpleasant odors, unclean homes and dust. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members or visitors. Work environment is not controlled by employee or employer. Road and weather conditions are variable.
I. Key Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the assessment, implementation, and ongoing care of General Home Care (GHC)/Patient Care Infusion (PCI) patients.
a. Assesses the health, social, and environmental status of assigned patients on the initial visit and/or ongoing through observation, physical assessment, interview and analysis of clinical documentation.
b. Identifies safety issues in the home and assists in minimizing hazards related to care including but not limited to, safety, adequate refrigeration, storage, cleanliness.
c. Communicates assessment data by recording, updating, and communicating with AHC staff according to policies and procedures.
d. Coordinates patient care with attending physician, notifying the physician with changes in condition as appropriate, and initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as indicated;
- Develops and initiates the Plan of Treatment and necessary revisions in accordance with physician orders;
- Prepares clinical and progress reports on patients;
- Evaluates client total needs on an ongoing basis;
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting needs;
- Provides services in accordance with reimbursement, ethical, and legal guidelines;
- Assesses the ability of the client or caregiver to manage when staff is not present;
- Provides referrals to other services as needed;
h. Establishes priorities for delivery of care.
- Performs technical patient care procedures within the scope and training of a Registered Nurse and AHC policy and procedures, including:
- performs wound care, knowledge and experience with wound vac application, strong assessment skills
- administers infusion therapy according to physician orders, performing venipuncture and insertion of intravenous needles and catheters;
- initiates, prepares solutions, monitors and terminates infusion solutions and additives;
- initiating appropriate preventive nursing procedures
- establishes flow rates (if not done by the physician)
- coordinates services with the pharmacy, other team members and providers;
- informs physicians and other caregivers of changes in the client’ s needs;
- assesses the ability of the patient or caregiver to manage when staff is not present;
- supervises the LPN and C.N.A. when they are part of the plan of care;
- supervises and teaches other nursing personnel; and
- Plans for the patient discharge from services.
b. Interprets to the patient and caregivers the implications of the diagnosis and the nature of treatment consistent with the action and orders of the physician.
c. Educates the patient/caregiver on training needed and drug regimen including but not limited to actions and side effects, appropriate care techniques, and monitors and documents compliance.
d. Documents patient/caregiver competency/knowledge of care.
e. Observes principles of patient/staff safety and universal precautions.
f. Documents in accordance with regulatory and policy requirements.
1. Available to pick up and receive weekend assignment/supplies Sunday – Thursday evenings.
2. Available to work Monday through Friday 8-5.
3. Contact all patients evening before visit to confirm time.
D. Other expectations:
1. Complete re-visits and opens as assigned.
2. Strives for a productivity measure of 5 units per day.
3. Nursing bag, Iphone and Ipad provided.
- Must be willing to travel throughout east or west valley
- Email report of visits to staffing and all of assigned staff.
- Complete all documentation within 48 hours of the visit.
- Flat wage includes all paperwork completed appropriately and correctly and any necessary corrections and/or completions following audits.
- Chart audits/projects will be completed in office when census is low
- Participates in in-service programs, case conferences, staff meetings and other AHC meetings as requested.
- Maintains certifications and licenses as applicable.
- Attends 6 hours of in-service education per calendar year.
- Performs other job or project expectations as assigned.
- Compliant with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and accrediting body standards.
- Demonstrates well defined organizational and time management skills.
1. Sets daily goals to facilitate time management.
- Uses effective strategies to achieve daily goals, i.e. priorities, delegation, deferral, re-assignment of duties.
IV. Observes safety guidelines and safe work practices.
1. Uses standard precautions for infection control and follows all OSHA regulations.
2. Uses Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) sheets as indicated.
3. Adheres to fire and safety codes.
4. Applies principles of back safety.
5. Complies with patient safety policies and procedures, i.e., restraints, fall prevention, age-specific precautions.
V. Applies concepts of customer relations and advocacy.
1. Embraces an attitude of respect, caring, responsibility and friendliness to internal and external customers at all times.
2. Recognizes the value of individuals as evidenced by supportive and cooperative interactions.
3. Promotes organization and employee image within the community through courteous and caring public and professional behavior.
4. Participates in and promotes customer service programs
5. Knows the mission and value statements of the organization.
6. Shares knowledge and skills with peers to improve quality of patient care.
7. Understands and adheres to all HIPPA rules and regulations regarding confidentiality of PHI.
8. Knows company mission and practices Core Values.
9. Knows and practices AIDET.
VI. Promotes positive relationships
1. Assists peers with work assignments when appropriate to promote team spirit.
2. Participates in improving quality and teams.
3. Adheres to personnel policies and procedures.
4. Follows appropriate line of communication.
5. Employs principles of conflict management to resolve disagreements and discord.
VII. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent analytical, creative thinking and organizational skills.
3. Ability to prioritize multiple demands and be self-directed.
4. Displays a disposition to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people with excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems.
6. Ability to work under stress of deadlines and peak workloads.
7. Basic knowledge of home care Medicare and accreditation regulations preferred.
VIII. Physical Requirements:
1. Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
2. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics to support vision and hearing sufficiently to perform essential duties.
3. Must be free of use of illegal drugs upon hire and ongoing.
4. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
5. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, grab, squat, lift, and push.
6. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Safely able to physically transfer, lift or assist patients whose average weight is 160 pounds, with or without aid of mechanical devices.
7. Must have proof of negative TB testing/x-ray within last six months upon hire and annually thereafter.
IX. Exposure to Blood-Borne Pathogens:
1. All employees in this job classification are considered to be at risk for occupational exposure to blood and other potential infectious materials and will be provided with all OSHA supplies.
X. Educational Requirements:
1. Current driver’ s license.
2. Current vehicle insurance.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current Arizona nursing license as a Registered Nurse.
5. Prefer Bachelor’ s degree from an NLN approved institution.
6. Current State/Federal required Clearance Card (fingerprinting/background check). XI. Experience Requirements:
1. One year home infusion therapy experience preferred.
- One year home care experience preferred.