JOB TITLE: RN Clinical Case Educator
Location: Cary, NC 27513
Max Pay Rate: $37.50/hr
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance available after 90 Days and 401k with Matching available after 1 year.
Contact: Aaron Smith at 877-782-3334 x234
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel and educate new/existing patients on specialty drug therapies
- Adherence to contracted and accrediting regulations as indicated by drug specification
- Complete, thorough and accurate documentation utilizing good documentation practice and compliance to industry standards and regulations
- Discuss potential/current side effects with patients to educate about treatment alternatives and facilitate ongoing therapy adherence
- Identify and report adverse events (AEs) and product complaints (PCs) to the manufacturer, FDA, and/or other governing authorities
- Specialty drug verification and education.
- Provider/patient conduit to support therapeutic longevity.
- Adherence to patient management programs through call cadence schedules, medication management programing, drug counseling and provider collaboration.
- Maintenance of patient demographic records, medical history and records in accordance to federal HIPAA standards
- Collaboration with Pharmacy Support teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of specialty drugs
- Registered Nurse with current unrestricted compact state license or primary NC licensure
- Associates, Bachelor or higher degree in Nursing or accredited nursing diploma
- Ability to obtain licensing in all states and United States territories serviced within 3 months of employment through Biologics supported programming (minimal application guidelines apply)
- 5 or more years of nursing experience with at least 1 year of acute, inpatient care preferred
- Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and web-based programs
- Effective orally and in writing communication, experience with motivational interviewing preferably
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret practice standards, professional journals, technical procedures and government standards and regulations
- Remote office optional