Torrance, PA US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Registered Nurse in Torrance, PA. The Registered Nurse would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this Registered Nurse position, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 412-790-5425
Registered Nurse Compensation
- The pay for this position is $48-$55 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Registered Nurse Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is Days, Nights, Evenings, Days, Nights, Evenings (35 hour)
Registered Nurse Responsibilities
- Resource performs as a charge nurse staff nurse or an assessment coordinator providing nursing care and treatment services in a Commonwealth facility for individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness dysfunctional behavior and/or a developmental disability.
- As charge nurse the resource directs and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment for individuals in patient or resident care and treatment areas wards units or living areas usually on the evening or night shift.
- Charge nurses make assessments and decisions in regard to staff utilization and supplies and equipment needs.
- Charge nurse supervises paraprofessional and/or a non-professional nursing direct care personnel assigned to their patient or resident care and treatment areas wards units or living areas and ensures that the coordination of services coverage of services and maintenance of records is accomplished.
- The assessment coordinator develops implements and evaluates individualized nursing care and treatment plans for residents directs evaluates and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment with members of the nursing staff and interdisciplinary teams meets with family and residents to assess residents condition and completes documentation as required by federal and state regulations.
- The staff nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care and treatment services in a patient or resident care area or may be responsible for a nursing specialty care area such as infection control or quality assurance/improvement/risk management activities.
- Work assignments are received in the form of oral or written instructions and resources exercise independent judgment in the application of professional nursing practices.
- Work is reviewed and evaluated by a Registered Nurse Supervisor physician or dentist through observation review of reports and conferences for quality and adherence to established standards in the application of professional nursing practices.
- Work may be administratively reviewed by another professional supervisor.
- Nurses are expected to be competent in the following areas at a minimum but not limited: airway insertion first aid catheter insertion AED administering oxygen IV therapy heparin lock insertion and irrigation medication administration injections treatments vital signs nursing protocols participating in the plan of care ambu bag audiogram testing medications tele binocular testing universal/standard precautions catheter care catheter insertion perineal care documentation of IV Therapy heparin lock insertion and irrigation initiation and care of tubing care of a heparin well parenteral management secondary medication use of IV infusion pump use of manual flow regulator venipuncture IM intradermal subcutaneous injections dose calculations inhalers oral suppository topical medication administration documentation in a Medication Administration Record Tuberculin testing accepting and documentation of orders from licensed practitioner if within the scope of practice transcription of orders O2 mask and O2 nasal usage peak flow meter usage pulse oximeter usage respiratory mask usage suctioning restraints specimen collection ventilator care op collection urine dip stick wound culture ace wrap anti-embolic hose arm sling binders CPR evacu chair isolation knee immobilizer K-Pad application braces traction control of hemorrhage decubitus care drains dressing changes ear irrigation EKG enemas eye irrigation eye staining glucometer usage Hoyer lift technique jejunostomy tube-enteral nutrition K Pad machine nasogastric/gastrostomy feedings nasogastric tube insertion nasogastric tube irrigation nebulizer treatment nephrostomy neurological checks ostomy care suture/removal vaginal douche sterile technique wound care blood pressure vital signs venipuncture tracheostomy care full body assessments including mini mental health status exam assessing and completing a Plan of Care.
- The nurse must function within his/her standards of nursing practice at all times.
Registered Nurse Requirements
- Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records data base.
- Proficient computer skills to include but not limited to Microsoft Office products..
If you think this Registered Nurse position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!